We like to think that the very nature of our business of upcycling and reinventing existing furniture is pretty green. However there is always more that can be done and we are working on it.
These are some of the things that we do to make sure we are doing our bit for the environment.
- We are bringing back to life unloved and out of date furniture which otherwise could potentially be dumped or destroyed
- The paint we use for our furniture commissions is low in VOCs (volatile organic compounds) so it is doing its own bit for the environment
- Our home accessories regularly use recycled materials for example, our Crates On Skates are produced from renewable sources where more trees are planted than are cut down. Our Barn Stars are made from tin recycled from roofs. Our Fishmarket Boxes are made from offcuts of recycled pine.
- Our Kids Rules are crafted from FSC approved timber that comes from sustainable sources only.
- Our specially made cardboard boxes have a 76% recycled content and sometimes we go better than this and reuse boxes our supplies have arrived in (when suitable).
- All of our packaging is cardboard and is fully recyclable via normal household recycling collections.